For purposes of this Agreement, “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at http://www.bridgeintercultural.com.
“Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can:
- read posted articles
- download documents
- comment on posted articles
- book appointments
- fill out questionnaires
- access and use the client portal and items within.
The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Bridge Intercultural Consulting collects “Non-Personal Information” and “Personal Information” in the categories described below.
Bridge Intercultural Consulting will process information about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include:
(1) the browser types and versions used
(2) the operating system used by the accessing system
(3) the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers)
(4) the sub-websites
(5) the date and time (so-called timestamp) of access to the Internet site
(6) an Internet protocol address (IP address)
(7) the Internet service provider (ISP) of the accessing system
(8) the geographical location of the user
(9) the page views and site navigation paths
(10) the pattern of the users’ use of the service with regards to timing and frequency
(11) any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
The source of the usage data is Google Analytics. The usage data collected is needed to
(1) deliver the content of our website correctly
(2) optimize the content of our website as well as any advertisement
(3) ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology
(4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
In order to process this information, we have obtained the user’s consent AND/OR our legitimate interests in monitoring and improving our website and services.
Bridge Intercultural Consulting may process information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters and/or promotional mailings (“notification data”). Our newsletter, email notifications, and/or promotional mailings may only be received by the user if
(1) the user has a valid email address and
(2) the user registers for the newsletter and/or email notifications and/or promotional mailings.
When the user registers for the newsletter, we also store the IP address of the computer system assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the user at the time of the registration, as well as the date and time of the registration. The purpose of the collection of this data is to legally protect Bridge Intercultural Consulting by ensuring understanding of the possible misuse of the email address of a user at a later date. The personal information collected as part of a registration for the newsletter will only be used to send our newsletter.
The subscription to the newsletter may be terminated by the user at any time. The consent to the storage of personal data, which the user has given prior to the shipping of the newsletter, may be revoked at any time. For the purpose of revoking consent, a corresponding link for unsubscribing is found in each newsletter.
Inquiry data, correspondence data and customer relationship data
Bridge Intercultural Consulting may process information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding our services and products (“inquiry data”). If a user contacts us via email or via a contact form, the personal information transmitted by the user is automatically stored.
The personal information may include:
(1) the user’s contact information
(2) the user’s name
(3) the name of the user’s employer
(4) the user’s job title or role
(5) the metadata associated with the communication
(6) and information contained in communications between the user and Bridge Intercultural Consulting
Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a user to Bridge Intercultural Consulting are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the user, managing our relationships with customers, keeping records of communication with the user, and promoting our products and services to customers.
Bridge Intercultural Consulting may process information that the users post for publication on our website or through our services (“publication data”). On our website the users can post information in the following ways:
(1) Article Comments
(2) Information in the client portal
Bridge Intercultural Consulting may process information that relates to transactions, including purchases of goods and services, that the user enters into with us and/or through our website (“transaction data”). The transaction data may include:
(1) the user’s contact details
(2) the user’s bank card details
(3) the transaction details with regards to the purchase
In order to process the transactions on our website we use the following third-party payment services provider: Stripe. The details of how the user’s data is processed by Stripe can be found here, https://stripe.com/privacy.
We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, refunding your payments and dealing with queries relating to your payments and refunds.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE INFORMATION
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used to help us communicate with you. For example, we use Personal Information to contact users in response to questions, solicit feedback from users, provide technical support, and inform users about promotional offers.
Legal purpose of the processing of personal data
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the expressed purpose. We will retain your personal data as follows:
- Email addresses will be retained after opt-in and until user revokes usage consent.
- Inquiry information will be retained for a minimum of 6 months and for a maximum period of 5 years if they do not become a client.
- Client information will be retained for a minimum period of the length of Services contract and for a maximum period of 10 (ten) years after the Services contract has ended.
In some instances, it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal information will be stored by us. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
- the period of retention of usage data will be determined based on legitimate interest and user consent.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the EEA, your data protection rights are governed, in part, by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Bridge Intercultural Consulting takes commercial reasonable best efforts to comply by requirements of the GDPR, which are subject to change as regulations are modified and revised. For more information about your rights, please reference the General Data Protection Regulation.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email or by placing a prominent notice on our Site. Significant changes will go into effect 30 days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates.
This website is owned and operated by Bridge Intercultural Consulting. We are registered in the State of Ohio, United States of America.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
Our data protection officer’s contact details are: [email protected]